Elastic multi V-belts are subject to aging and wear. They therefore have to be regularly checked and replaced. The checking and replacement intervals are always specified by the vehicle manufacturer and must be complied with.
Continental recommends changing the belt every 120,000 km if in doubt.
- Store in a dry, dust-free and cool place (ideally 15-25°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Avoid contact with all liquids (oil, water etc.)
- Maximum storage period: 5 years from date of production
- Elastic multi V-belts must never be replaced by normal multi V-belts
- May only be used in vehicles factory-fitted with elastic belts
- The tool is heavily stressed during fitting and is designed for one-off use. It should not be re-used
- Determine belt wear using Conti Belt Wear Tester (BWT)