Multi V-belts along with other movable parts on the belt drive such as tension and idler pulleys are liable to aging and wear, and must therefore be checked and changed regularly. The check and change intervals are generally determined by the vehicle manufacturer and must be adhered to.
Continental recommends checking the system every 60,000 km and, when in doubt, replacing it every 120,000 km.
- Store in a dry, dust-free and cool place (ideally 15-25°C)
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Avoid contact with all liquids (oil, water etc.)
- Maximum storage period: 5 years from date of production (see packaging)
- When needed, the torsional vibration damper (crankshaft pulley) or overrunning alternator pulley must also be replaced. Continental provides these separately.
- Use Conti BTT Hz to measure tension
- Determine belt wear using Conti Belt Wear Tester (BWT)